How to make calls
You can call your contacts in other locations:
- You will be able to place calls to SIPNET account holders as soon as you register with SIPNET.
- Upload at least $10 to your account and maintain your balance at this level to be able to make free calls to different destinations covered by the «Free Long-Distance and International Calls» promotion. To take advantage of the promotion, register your mobile number with SIPNET.
You can make calls:
- from your computer using the Sippoint softphone;
- from your computer using other Internet sofphones;
- from your mobile phone (iPhone, Android, Java) using the NetCall application and other mobile phone applications;
- from your computer using the WebRTC service (not available in Trial Access mode);
- from IP phones as well as using adapters (VoIP gateways) for ordinary phones;
The simplest way to make calls involves installing the free Sippoint softphone on your computer. This type of connection lets you save on your entry costs, making it the most popular way of communication on the SIPNET network.
Number dialling rules
To place calls, enter the contact's number in the international format: country code - area code - contact number. Example: 4930XXXXXXX (Berlin), 7495XXXXXXX (Moscow), 396XXXXXXXXX (Rome)
Standard settings for softphones and VoIP phones
Configuring desktop and mobile softphones could not be simpler. To configure the settings, you will need your SIP ID that you received when registering with SIPNET as well as your password. Most softphones will prompt you for the following details only:
- SIP Server | Registrar | Server: sipnet.net
- Username | Login | User ID | Alias: YOUR SIP ID
- Password: YOUR PASSWORD
Other softphones may prompt you for other details:
- Outbound proxy (if required): sipnet.net
- Server | Proxy port: 5060 (UDP or TCP)
- Transport protocol: TCP или UDP (in the order of preference)
- Authorization name | Auth ID и т.п.: not used or specify SIP ID
- Display Name: any text, such as your actual name or account name; do not use Cyrillic script
- STUN server (if required): stun.sipnet.net, STUN port: 3478
Enjoy your communication!